We’re excited to announce that the 5th Annual #AuditorProud Day will take place on Thursday, September 26, 2019. It’s a day of celebration of the public company auditing profession, when we use our social media channels, as firms and individuals, to share why we are passionate about our industry and careers. The day is intended to bring us together and inspire the next generation to pursue a career in audit (#FutureAuditor). Together, our efforts have an annual global reach of millions across Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn on that date.
2019 Theme: 5 Years Later
Playing very loosely off the 10-year challenge buzzing around on social media, firms will be asked to participate by sharing pictures, infographics and videos showing their career advancement since our very first #AuditorProud Day in 2014. The theme will allow auditors with many years of experience to reflect on their recent past while encouraging newer auditors to look 5 years forward into the future with content oriented around the benefits of longevity in the profession.
The timing of our 2019 #AuditorProud day will take place from 12:00 am – 11:59 pm on Thursday, September 26, 2019 across all time zones.
Tips for Participation
Ready to celebrate 5 Years of #AuditorProud? Here’s how you can get involved with our 5 Years Later:
- Follow @discoveraudit on social media
- Use #AuditorProud in your posts to help spread the word
- Share a photo of you from 5 years ago and one of you today
- Post a video of auditors sharing when they started being #AuditorProud (aka the year they started working as an auditor)
- Share a post that describes your career in audit in 5 words
- Record a video describing 5 things you’ve learned in the past 5 years
- Share a blog describing what technology you think will dominate the audit space in 5 years
- Take a photo of the 5 things you couldn’t live without as an auditor
- Share a Linkedin post about what you would you tell yourself 5 years ago
- Take a video and guess where you will be 5 years from now (addressing too how the profession will still be around and developing!)
As always, messages should be weaved in to clarify what an auditor actually does.
How It Will Work
On September 26, participants will take to social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Snapchat) using the hashtag #AuditorProud, to share messages about the value of a career in the profession and why they chose to be an auditor. Individual auditors and audit firms can also share CAQ or firm-produced fact sheets, infographics, videos, memes, and other resources with their social networks that highlight the value of auditors to our economy and the exciting opportunities a career in the profession can offer. Starting in the third quarter we’ll build up to #AuditorProud day and encourage firm participation through events and social media posting using #AuditorProud and tagging @DiscoverAudit.
Spreading The Word
For #AuditorProud Day to be a success, we need your help to leverage and share these resources within your networks in advance. We also ask for your help ensuring your leadership teams and communications teams in your various offices are all prepared to help fellow colleagues join in on the fun.
There are many ways to get your colleagues involved in #AuditorProud Day! Here are some suggestions:
- Send a calendar invite containing sample social and save the date graphics
- Post on Intranet and send an email reminder when the date gets closer
- Update firm social channel banners with #AuditorProud designs
- Create and hang flyers in office common areas
- Conduct an internal contest for the “most creative” social post that day
- Put a custom geofilter on Snapchat
- Set up a photo booth area with backdrop and/or props
- Leave #AuditorProud swag on people’s desks
- Delegate a team of “#AuditorProud Social Media Ambassadors” to help people post
Save the Date Graphics
Highlights from 2018
Contact Information at CAQ
Senior Project Manager
Director of Marketing