On Thursday, September 28, participants will take to social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and
Snapchat) using #AuditorProud. Additionally, on the Discover Audit website, participants will be able to upload
a selfie on the Faces of Audit board. Instructions for uploading a selfie will be available on the Discover Audit
website one week ahead of the blitz. Keep reading for more details!
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE
The CAQ welcomes policy organizations, educators, student groups, users of audit reports, school
counselors, and anyone else who is passionate about audit to join the discussion on the importance of public
company auditing and its value to the economy.
HOW IT WILL WORK
On September 28, participants will take to social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Snapchat) using the hashtag #AuditorProud, to share messages about the value of a career in the profession and why they chose to be an auditor. Individual auditors and audit firms can also share CAQ or firm-produced fact sheets, infographics, videos, memes, and other resources with their social networks that highlight the value of auditors to our economy and the exciting opportunities a career in the profession can offer.
Tips for Participation:
- Follow @discoveraudit and @thecaq on Twitter.
- Follow @DiscoverAudit and @CenterforAuditQuality on Instagram.
- Use the #AuditorProud hashtag in your posts to spread the word.
- Start by sharing one of the provided sample messages below.
- Retweet or share content from @DiscoverAudit, discoveraudit.org, and participating partners.
- Tag auditor colleagues in your posts to encourage them to support the effort.
- Encourage your followers and fellow auditors to share their own stories. Have fun!
Sample Social for Organizations
- At [ORGANIZATION], we are #AuditorProud today and every day. We salute today’s auditors and those considering a career as an auditor.
- Excited to celebrate #AuditorProud Day! The economy depends on auditors and we’re happy to help our [members/colleagues] Discover Audit!
- Auditors help build trust in our markets, companies, and the economy. At [ORGANIZATION], we salute today’s auditors and all those interested in joining hte exciting world of audit. #AuditorProud
- [Insert Boomerang video of staff/members holding a #AuditorProud sign]. [ORGANIZATION] is #AuditorProud!
- We’re #AuditorProud!
- Thinking about joining an innovation-driven profession? Check out auditing! [Link to Cindy Fornelli blog, A High-Tech, Dynamic, Expanding Profession? Why Yes, It’s Auditing]
Sample Social for Individual Auditors
- I’ve always wondered what a day in the life of an auditor looked like–now I know! @discoveraudit #AuditorProud http://bit.ly/2weKFjF [Link to What to Expect When You choose a Career in Auditing video]
- Retweet if you’re #AuditorProud @discoveraudit
- Fast Fact: More than half of Fortune 100 CFOs started in Accounting. #AuditorProud @discoveraudit
- I’m #AuditorProud because I work in a profession that lets me travel the world and work with awesome people! @discoveraudit
- I uploaded a selfie for #AuditorProud Day on the @discoveraudit website. You should too!
- Happy #AuditorProud Day! [Post selfie with #AuditorProud Sign].
- Fast Fact: Jobs in audit and accounting are expected to grow 11% in the next 10 years. #AuditorProud
- Share why you are #AuditorProud! Join the conversation and spread the word about the world of opportunities a career in audit can offer.
- There are various paths you can take when you join such a dynamic profession. What path will you choose? #AuditorProud #FutureAuditor [Include Adventures in Audit, Choose Your Path Adventure Game]
- Did you know auditors who leave the profession and come back are called “Boomerangers?” The Discover Audit team produced a great video of some boomerangers sharing their story. Definitely worth watching! http://bit.ly/2x2ew0p [Link to The Story of Public Company Audit “Boomerangers” video]
Sample Social for Non-Auditors
- I’m proud to support auditors and the valuable work they do for our economy. #FutureAuditor @discoveraudit http://bit.ly/2dqARyc
- I’m not an auditor, but I depend on one! #AuditorProud
- Fast Fact: According to a CAQ survey, 81% of investors have a lot of confidence in public company auditors. And so do I!
- Auditors give me the confidence to make investments. #AuditorProud