Welcome Beta Alpha Psi Members!
Discover Audit attended the Beta Alpha Psi annual conference in August and announced our #FutureAuditor contest! Plan ahead with your chapter to take the best photos to win prizes from Discover Audit by showing off your #FutureAuditor pride on Auditor Proud day (Thursday, September 27).
In order to enter the contest, students, Beta Alpha Psi members or not, need to:
1. Follow @DiscoverAudit on Twitter and/or Instagram
2. Tweet or post (on the same platform that the individual student is following @DiscoverAudit on) with the hashtag #FutureAuditor on September 27, 2018 (between 12:00 AM – 11:59 PM in your time zone).
3.Tag your Beta Alpha Psi Chapter and/or school social handle in the post
4. If you are a member of Beta Alpha Psi, you also will be automatically eligible to win a prize for your chapter.
The prizes will be awarded for the following categories:
1. Top Prize for Most Creative Tweet: Apple Watch
Beta Alpha Psi members will receive support for their chapter’s professional development program such as arranging a guest speaker or panel discussion. This could include assistance in providing a program speaker/panel, as well as a $250 donation to the chapter
2. Runner-Up Prize for Most Engagement: $150 Amazon gift card
Beta Alpha Psi members also will receive a $150 donation to their chapter.
3. Random Raffle Drawing: $100 Amazon gift card
Beta Alpha Psi members also will receive a $100 donation to their chapter.
Contest Winners will be announced by October 15th.
We look forward to seeing your #FutureAuditor posts in September!
Mindset, Behaviors, Knowledge & Skills
The skills required for the auditor of the future are always evolving. To help you stay ahead of the curve, the Center for Audit Quality, in collaboration with the leading public company auditing firms and the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants, developed this roadmap to advise students on what they will need to become a successful auditor of the future.
The roadmap outlines the ideal mindsets and behaviors that will be required of the auditor of the future. It also identifies key areas of knowledge that firms consider desirable for their new hires to possess. The knowledge areas can be acquired by completing the relevant courses offered at your institution, which may be offered as requirements for the major in accounting, or through electives.
Check it out and see if the classes you’re already taking are setting you up for a successful career as an auditor.