Earlier this year, Discover Audit announced our #FutureAuditor contest to take place on #AuditorProud Day 2018. Now, the winners are ready to be announced:
#FutureAuditor Contest Winners
- Most Creative: @xojessh posted on both Instagram and Twitter. She immediately caught our attention with her catchy quotes and creative posts. Be Audit You Can Be! The Most Creative prize is an Apple Watch as well as assistance with professional development program for the Beta Alpha Psi (BAP) chapter at Oklahoma State University.
- Most Engagement: We based our most engagement selection on Instagram’s and Twitter’s “Top Posts” ranking systems to determine this winner. The sites’ algorithms take into account the speed of interaction, as well as an engagement rate which is based on how engaged their audience is with the content, not solely on the number of likes one gets.
- Random Raffle Selection: @gtascione, our random drawing winner, took to Instagram with a Boomerang showing off her #FutureAuditor pride in her Beta Alpha Psi gear! The Random Selection prize is a $100 Amazon Gift Card and a $100 donation to the UNC Charlotte BAP Chapter.
- Honorable Mention: After seeing all the great posts, we had to take the time to call out a few other #FutureAuditors for their participation on #AuditorProud day. These Honorable Mention winners will receive $50 Amazon Gift Cards.
- @patino_aviatrix and @tragic.tas stopped by our Discover Audit booth at the recent Beta Alpha Psi conference and snapped some awesome headshots that they used to show their pride. It was nice to see you again!
- @the.brown.knight caught our attention with his hilarious #FutureAuditor post. Thanks for helping to bust the myth that accountants and auditors don’t get to have fun at their jobs!
If you are a winner of the #FutureAuditor contest, please keep an eye out for a message from Discover Audit for you to claim your prize. Thank you to all of our #FutureAuditor participants and we hope to see you again next year!
Mindset, Behaviors, Knowledge & Skills
The skills required for the auditor of the future are always evolving. To help you stay ahead of the curve, the Center for Audit Quality, in collaboration with the leading public company auditing firms and the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants, developed this roadmap to advise students on what they will need to become a successful auditor of the future.
The roadmap outlines the ideal mindsets and behaviors that will be required of the auditor of the future. It also identifies key areas of knowledge that firms consider desirable for their new hires to possess. The knowledge areas can be acquired by completing the relevant courses offered at your institution, which may be offered as requirements for the major in accounting, or through electives.
Check it out and see if the classes you’re already taking are setting you up for a successful career as an auditor.