Meet An Auditor: Tirsa St. Fort
Name: Tirsa St. Fort
Current job and location: Experienced Associate, PwC LLP, Los Angeles, CA
Number of years with the firm: 2.5
Hometown: Boston, MA
College/Major: University of Southern California/Accounting
1. Briefly describe what is your current role at the firm?
As an experienced associate, my role in the audit is to perform detail testing over the more complex areas of the financial statements such as internal use software, stock-based compensation or revenue.
2. What one personal quality helps you most in your auditing career and why?
Being ambitious. It’s allowed me to be vocal about the challenges that I would like to take on, and has given me the opportunity to learn more about the business of the firm outside of auditing.
3. What experience as an undergraduate student provided you with the best preparation for your job and why?
As much as I wasn’t a fan of them back then, team projects have proved to be extremely helpful. We constantly work in a team environment and those projects have helped me to better understand how to work with and manage different personalities.
4. What advice, personal or professional, do you have for students considering a career in auditing?
Get your credentialing out of the way early! During your first couple of years at the firm, you will be meeting a lot of people and you don’t want to miss out on those networking opportunities because you need to study. So do your best to pass all of your CPA exams before you start.
5. What has been the best part of your job and why?
The relationships. Auditing allows me to work on different engagement teams and at different companies, which has given me the opportunity to meet so many amazing people.